The Hemingway Classic 20
The Hemingway Classic 20 Inshore fishing boats are built one at a time to enhance the true spirit of craftsmanship.
Willy Roberts; The pioneering builder of the World’s original shallow water poling skiff. Established in 1959 on Tavernier in the Florida Keys. Willy Roberts has always been the go-to builder for Florida Keys fishing guides looking for the best shallow water poling skiff in the industry.
The Hemingway Inshore Collection, Willy Roberts and Hemingway Ltd, proudly present the Hemingway Classic 20.
Ernest Hemingway Classic 20: A handful of craftsmen in a small boat shop, taking the time and care to daily craft legendary, uniquely timeless custom skiffs, one-at-a-time, for the most discerning owners... Welcome to our world.
We craft our boats in a 100% infused, Divinycell foam cored, Kevlar (carbon fiber available), vinylester resin composite construction. This infusion process — not to be confused with simply “vacuum bagging” — results in increased strength, reduced weight, and a completely bonded, one-piece part free of voids and other structural defects. We then add to this cutting-edge technology by mechanically and chemically bonding our top deck, hull, and console. Add the finest hardware and components and mount them in such a way that access for all maintenance is readily available for every system and element. Follow up with attention to detail… building your boat to your very own individual, discriminating preferences -– meeting all your own specific requirements — and the result is an incomparable product.
LOA: 20’ 0” Beam: 6’ 10” Draft: 5” – 6” Weight: (Appx Dry) 1,100 lbs. Fuel: 40 gallons Maximum Power: 160 hp Recommended Power: 90 - 115 hp
- 100% Infused composite / Divinycell foam cored / Kevlar / vinylester resin construction
- Wiring to exceed NMMA/ABYC specifications
- Recessed Lenco electric trim tabs w/ concealed actuator ram, LED tactile switch, and auto retractor
- Mahogany console pod with stainless bezel / recessed gauges and compass
- Custom helm station w/ tach, fuel, water pressure / temp, volt gauge package
- Tilt-for-access / removable console pod
- Classic stainless wheel
- Hydraulic steering
- Dual batteries w/ dual circuit battery switch, main feed breaker, and auto charging relay
- Shark-eye LED bow nav lights / LED stern nav light
- LED lighting: cockpit courtesy / forward and aft storage / rod lockers
- Switch panel, waterproof
- 12V / USB Accessory Outlets
- Bilge pump, 1,000gph w/ auto float switch
- Dual / Livewell pumps, 550gph w/ dual ports and stainless seacock ball valve
- Premium stainless, flush-mount deck hardware
- Stainless rub rail
- Locking stainless fuel fill w/ stainless flush vent
- Reinforced, stainless bow and transom eyes
- Anchor locker, self draining
- Aft hatches w/pump room access
- Stainless gas spring(s) on aft storage, livewell, and deck hatch lids
- Self-bailing cockpit
- Storage under foredeck w/ bulkhead access
- Seating cushions
- Poling platform
- Under gunwale rod storage w/ 10’ rod tubes
- Push pole chocks, stainless flush-mount
- Plumbed dual livewells aft w/ LED lighting and aerator spray head / washdown combo
- Aluminum fuel cell with fuel / water separating filter and fuel line shut-off valve
- Willy trademark rigging
ERNEST HEMINGWAY SIGNATURE FEATURES:
Mahogany toe rails, poling platform trim, louvered forward bulkhead door, and rod locker trim
Outboard paint white
Vintage controls and Palm Beach lever
Stainless poling tower
Ernest Hemingway signature chair / rocket launcher
Ernest Hemingway console w/ integrated tackle drawers and rod holders
Underwater LED lighting
Yamaha F115 w/ stainless prop
Certificate of authenticity and Hemingway documentation, with hull number Hemingway emblems.